Answer: A: The watch might be set to unlock when you unlock your iPhone, so if you put the watch on your wrist then unlock the phone the watch will also unlock. Check your settings in the Watch App, My Watch, Passcode.
How do I change auto lock on Apple Watch?
To change the Auto-Lock time, go to: Settings > Display & Brightness > Auto-Lock – choose your preferred duration.
How do I get my Apple Watch to stay locked?
Question: Q: apple watch stays locked all the time, even when it is suppose unlock when I access my iPhone.
- On your iPhone, in the Watch app, go to: My Watch (tab) > General > Wrist Detection – turn this on.
- On your iPhone, in the Watch app, go to: My Watch > Passcode > Turn Passcode on.
Is Apple Watch always unlocked?
Apple Watch can be locked or unlocked fairly easily, but if the smartwatch is locking by itself then there could be a problem with the settings.
Why does my Apple Watch open without password?
If it is worn too loosely, the back of your watch can temporarily lose contact with your skin from time to time. Your watch will then believe that it has been removed from your wrist, in which case it will lock automatically. This may be why you previously needed to enter your passcode more often.
Why does my Apple Watch keep freezing up?
One reason why your Apple Watch may keep freezing is because it’s running an outdated version of watchOS, the software that controls everything on your Apple Watch. … Then, tap General -> Software Update. If a watchOS update is available, tap Download and Install.
How do I turn off activation lock on Apple Watch?
How to disable Activation Lock remotely
- Navigate to iCloud.com from your computer’s web browser to disable Activation Lock.
- Sign in with your Apple ID and password.
- Click on Settings.
- Select your Apple Watch under My Devices.
- Click on the X next to your Apple Watch to remove it.
- Click Remove to confirm.
Why is my watch locked?
If there’s a gap between the watch band and your skin, the watch can lose contact with you for a few seconds, which is all it takes for the watch to lock. … In addition, although this isn’t confirmed by Apple, some users have reported that the watch locks if it’s worn too far up the arm, above the wrist bone.
Do wrist tattoos affect Apple Watch?
Apple have quietly updated the watch’s support document which now reads, “Permanent or temporary changes to your skin, such as some tattoos, can also impact heart rate sensor performance. The ink, pattern, and saturation of some tattoos can block light from the sensor, making it difficult to get reliable readings.”
How do I change my Apple ID password without knowing my password?
If you can’t change or reset your password
- Go to iforgot.apple.com.
- Enter your Apple ID. …
- Select the option to reset your password, then choose Continue.
- Choose to answer your security questions, get an email, or enter your Recovery Key.* Learn what to do if you don’t receive your verification or reset email.
Just unpair your Apple Watch from your iPhone:
- Keep your Apple Watch and iPhone close together.
- Open the Watch app on your iPhone.
- Tap the My Watch tab, then tap All Watches at the top of the screen.
- Tap the info button next to your Apple Watch.
- Tap Unpair Apple Watch. …
- Enter your Apple ID password. …
- Tap again to confirm.