Historic Health and Activity data is stored on your iPhone, not on your Apple Watch, so will not be lost.
How do I reset my Apple Watch without losing data?
Restore your Apple Watch from an iCloud Apple Watch backup
- Connect your Apple Watch and iPhone to power and place them next to each other.
- Open the Watch app on your iPhone.
- Tap Start Pairing.
- Once the Watch pairs, tap Restore from Backup.
- Choose the backup you want to restore–this process may take some time, so be patient!
Does erasing Apple Watch remove all data?
Erasing all content and settings erases all media, data and settings from your Apple Watch, but it does not remove Activation Lock. To remove Activation Lock, unpair the watch first. Before your watch is erased, a backup of its contents is created on your iPhone.
Does unpairing watch remove all data?
Unpairing erases all data from your Apple Watch–but not forever! … You can then pair a new Apple Watch or that same Apple Watch again and restore that backup. So yes, the device is erased. But as long as you use the Watch app on your iPhone, you do not lose any data since it makes a complete backup of all your data.
How do I restore my activity on my Apple Watch?
How to restore Apple Watch from iCloud Backup
- Tap on the Watch app.
- Tap Start Pairing if no Watches are paired, Tap your current Watch at the top and then Pair a new Apple Watch if you’d like to pair a second.
- Once the Watch has paired, tap Restore from Backup.
- Choose the backup you’d like to restore.
What happens if you reset your Apple Watch?
Erasing all content and settings erases all media, data, and settings from your Apple Watch, but it does not remove Activation Lock. To remove Activation Lock, unpair the watch first. Before your watch is erased, a backup of its contents is created on your iPhone.
How do I delete data from Apple Watch?
Erase Apple Watch and settings
- Open the Settings app on your Apple Watch.
- Go to General > Reset, tap Erase All Content and Settings, then enter your passcode. If you have an Apple Watch with a cellular plan, you’re offered two options—Erase All and Erase All & Keep Plan.
What does reset sync data do on Apple Watch?
In the new menu, tap on the “Reset Sync Data” button. Your iPhone will now erase all contacts and calendar data on your Apple Watch, along with sync settings. Once the process is complete, it will start the sync process over, this time syncing all the data from the Apple Watch to your iPhone (and vice-versa).
Is activity data stored in iCloud?
Historic Health and Activity data is stored on the paired iPhone, not on Apple Watch. To enable automatic syncing of Health data (including data recorded on your Apple Watch) to iCloud: On your iPhone, go to: Settings > tap on your name / Apple ID at the top > iCloud > enable the setting for Health.
How do I reset my Apple Watch with too many passcode attempts?
Answer: A: Answer: A: If you can’t access the Settings app on your Apple Watch because you’ve forgotten your passcode, put your Apple Watch on its charger, then press and hold the side button until you see Power Off. Press and hold the Digital Crown, then tap Reset.
Why did my Apple Watch unpair?
Such disconnections can be normal, occurring whenever the paired iPhone is unavailable (such as during iOS updates or when your iPhone is out of range). It is not normally necessary to unpair and re-pair your devices after this happens.
How do I reset my second hand Apple Watch?
Question: Q: How to reset my Apple Watch after buying second hand?
- Keep your Apple Watch and iPhone close together.
- Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone and tap the My Watch tab.
- Tap your watch name at the top of the screen, then tap .
- Tap Unpair Apple Watch.
- Enter your Apple ID password. …
- Tap again to confirm.
Will activity data transfer to new iPhone?
If you transferred your content to your new iPhone using your computer, but Health and Activity content is missing. If you use iCloud to keep Health up to date on your old iPhone, your data will automatically update on your new iPhone whenever you’re connected to Wi-Fi and signed in to iCloud.
Why won’t my Apple Watch restore from backup?
You cannot manually restore your Apple Watch from a previous backup once it’s set up already. Hence, you’ll need to unpair your Apple Watch and set it up all over again.