Open the Settings app on your watch, then tap General > Reset. Tap Erase All Content and Settings, then tap again to confirm. Wait for the watch to unpair. After the Apple Watch unpairs completely, you can pair again.
What happens if I unpair my Apple Watch?
When you unpair your Apple Watch from your iPhone, the watch is backed up completely to your iPhone to make sure that the latest data is saved. … This means that when you set up a new iPhone and restore it from backup, your latest Apple Watch data is also restored.
Where is the I icon on the Apple Watch for pairing?
The circled i in the corner of an Apple Watch is for Information and is used to pair or re-pair an Apple Watch to an iPhone. To unpair: On watch, Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content & Settings, on iPhone, Watch > My Watch > i > Unpair Apple Watch.
How do I pair Apple Watch after reset?
On the watch, you have to go to Settings -> General -> Reset -> Erase All Content and Settings. After the watch has erased its contents, the Watch App on the phone will be able to pair to it again and you should be presented with the option to restore the watch settings from backup.
Does unpairing Apple Watch wipe it?
Unpairing your Apple Watch restores it to its factory settings. If you’re using your Apple Watch with a transit card in the Wallet app, remove your transit card from your Apple Watch before you unpair.
How do you unpair and re pair Apple watch without losing data?
Tap your watch at the top, then tap the “i” on the right side. Tap Unpair Apple Watch (during the unpairing process your Apple Watch will do a fresh backup to your iPhone) Follow the prompts to unpair your current Watch. Open the Watch app on iPhone to start the pairing process of your new Watch.
How do I erase Apple Watch?
Erase Apple Watch
- Open the Settings app on your Apple Watch.
- Go to General > Reset, tap Erase All Content and Settings, then enter your passcode. If you have an Apple Watch with a cellular plan, you’re offered two options—Erase All and Erase All & Keep Plan. To completely erase your Apple Watch, choose Erase All.
Why is there no i icon on my Apple Watch?
If you see a red iPhone icon on your Apple Watch, or you’re trying to pair and can’t find the “i” icon, try to connect your devices again.
How do I manually pair my Apple Watch?
Apple Watch – Manually Pair
- On the Apple Watch, press and hold the. Side button. …
- On your iPhone, tap the Watch app icon .
- Tap. …
- Tap. …
- On the Watch, tap the. …
- On the iPhone, tap the Apple Watch that corresponds to the name displayed on your Apple Watch.
- On the iPhone, enter the 6-digit code that is displayed on the Watch.
Why won’t my Apple Watch pair with my phone?
If your Apple Watch isn’t pairing with your iPhone, there are a number of ways you can fix the connection. First, make sure both devices have Wi-Fi and Bluetooth enabled and are in range of each other. Then, try restarting your Apple Watch and iPhone, as well as resetting your iPhone’s network settings.
What happens if I factory reset my Apple Watch?
Erasing all content and settings erases all media, data, and settings from your Apple Watch, but it does not remove Activation Lock. To remove Activation Lock, unpair the watch first. Before your watch is erased, a backup of its contents is created on your iPhone.
How do I reconnect my Apple Watch to my iPhone?
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Tap Bluetooth.
- Toggle the switch to the Off position.
- Toggle the switch back on.
- Tap Apple Watch to reconnect it with your iPhone.
How do I unpair my Apple watch from icloud?
Just unpair your Apple Watch from your iPhone:
- Keep your Apple Watch and iPhone close together.
- Open the Watch app on your iPhone.
- Tap the My Watch tab, then tap All Watches at the top of the screen.
- Tap the info button next to your Apple Watch.
- Tap Unpair Apple Watch. …
- Enter your Apple ID password. …
- Tap again to confirm.