If asked, enter your Apple ID password. If you aren’t asked, you can sign in later from the Apple Watch app: Tap General > Apple ID, then sign in. Certain features that require a cellular phone number won’t work on cellular models of Apple Watch unless you sign in to iCloud.
Why won’t my Apple Watch let me sign in?
I suggest that you unpair and then re-pair your Apple Watch to your iPhone, having first checked that you are signed in to your Apple ID on your iPhone: Unpair your Apple Watch and iPhone – Apple Support. Set up your Apple Watch – Apple Support. Apple ID.
Why does my Apple Watch keep asking for password?
An app can cause your watch to get stuck in an endless loop of asking for the Apple ID password. On your watch, open the App Store app and then go to Account > Updates and tap Update All. You can also turn on automatic updates by going to Settings > App Store.
How do I find my Apple ID on my Apple Watch?
How to find the Apple ID on the Apple Watch
- Open the Watch app on your iPhone.
- Tap on the ‘My Watch’ tab at the bottom of the screen.
- Next, Tap on General and scroll down and locate ‘Apple ID’
- Tap on the Apple ID here to find the one that you are using on your Apple Watch.
How do I re pair my Apple Watch?
Before you can pair the Apple Watch again, you’ll have to enter the Apple ID and password that was used to set it up.
- Put the Apple Watch on its charger.
- Press and hold the side button until you see Power Off.
- Press and hold the Digital Crown, then tap Reset.
- After the Apple Watch unpairs completely, you can pair again.
How do you enter your password on your Apple Watch?
How to Add a Passcode to Your Apple Watch
- Launch the Settings app on your Apple Watch.
- Scroll down the list and tap Passcode.
- Tap Turn Passcode On.
- Enter the four-digit passcode you want to use to lock and unlock the watch.
Does Apple Watch Require passcode?
Most people would agree that using a passcode on your Apple Watch is a reasonable precaution, as it can prevent strangers from gaining access to sensitive and personal information stored on the Watch. Using the passcode isn’t mandatory, though, and it’s easy to turn off if it’s an inconvenience.
How do I know if my Apple Watch is signed into iCloud?
Use the web to see where you’re signed in
- Sign in to appleid.apple.com,* then select Devices.
- If you don’t see your devices right away, click View Details and answer your security questions.
- Click any device name to view that device’s information, such as the device model, serial number, and OS version.
How do I get my Apple Watch to stop asking for passcode?
Turn off the passcode
- Open the Settings app on your Apple Watch.
- Tap Passcode, then tap Turn Passcode Off.
How do I connect my Apple Watch to my phone?
Turn on, pair, and set up your Apple Watch
- Put your Apple Watch on your wrist. …
- To turn on your Apple Watch, press and hold the side button until you see the Apple logo.
- Bring your iPhone near your Apple Watch, wait for the Apple Watch pairing screen to appear on your iPhone, then tap Continue. …
- Tap Set Up for Myself.
How do I add my Apple Watch to my Apple ID?
Set up your Apple Watch
- Turn on your Apple Watch and put it on. …
- Hold your Apple Watch close to your iPhone. …
- Hold your iPhone over the animation. …
- Set up as new or restore from a backup. …
- Sign in with your Apple ID. …
- Choose your settings. …
- Create a passcode. …
- Choose features and apps.
Can I unpair my Apple Watch without my phone?
How to erase your Apple Watch if you don’t have your iPhone. On your Apple Watch, tap Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings. Type your password if prompted. For GPS + Cellular models, choose to keep or remove your cellular plan.
How do you unpair and re pair Apple Watch without losing data?
Tap your watch at the top, then tap the “i” on the right side. Tap Unpair Apple Watch (during the unpairing process your Apple Watch will do a fresh backup to your iPhone) Follow the prompts to unpair your current Watch. Open the Watch app on iPhone to start the pairing process of your new Watch.
How do you unpair and fix a watch?
Press the Digital Crown to display the app bundle home screen. Open the Settings app and go to General. Now, scroll all the way down to the Reset label and tap it. Hit Erase All Content and Settings, confirm your intentions and after a few seconds your Apple Watch will be ready to repair!
How do I reconnect my Apple Watch to a new phone?
Use the steps below to unpair:
- Erase your Apple Watch.
- Set up your new iPhone and sign in to iCloud. …
- Open the Apple Watch app on your new iPhone, then pair your watch with your new iPhone.
- Try to restore from a backup. …
- Follow the onscreen steps to finish setting up.
- Start using your Apple Watch with your new iPhone.