Open the Watch app on your iPhone, then tap the My Watch tab. Tap General > Reset. Tap Erase Apple Watch Content and Settings, then tap it again at the bottom of the screen to confirm. You might need to enter your Apple ID password.
How do I force wipe my Apple Watch?
Erase Apple Watch and settings
Open the Settings app on your Apple Watch. Go to General > Reset, tap Erase All Content and Settings, then enter your passcode.
What do I do if my Apple Watch won’t erase?
If your Apple Watch is unresponsive when attempting to erase it, then it may help to first force restart it: Remove it from the charger and hold both the side button and Digital Crown for at least 10 seconds, releasing them when the Apple logo is displayed.
Can you reset a stolen Apple Watch?
Here’s how it works
So if your watch is lost or stolen, you can use Find My to help you find it again. And thanks to Activation Lock, your Apple ID and password are required before anyone can erase your Apple Watch and use it with their iPhone.
Why won’t my Apple Watch do a hard reset?
There are four main reasons why your Apple Watch won’t force restart. The first is that it has frozen, and is therefore completely unresponsive. The next is that it is in Power Reserve mode. It could be that it has run out of battery life and isn’t charging.
How do I reset my Apple watch to factory settings without passcode?
How to reset your Apple Watch if you forgot your passcode
- Put your watch on its charger and keep it there until you complete these steps.
- Press and hold the side button until you see Power Off.
- Press and hold the Digital Crown until you see Erase all content and settings.
- Tap Reset, then tap Reset again to confirm.
How do you reset an Apple watch that is not paired?
Erase Apple Watch if you don’t have its paired iPhone
- Open the Settings app on your watch, then tap General > Reset.
- Tap Erase All Content and Settings, then tap again to confirm.
- Wait for the watch to unpair.
- After the Apple Watch unpairs completely, you can pair again.
How do I reset my Apple Watch without the previous owner?
Just unpair your Apple Watch from your iPhone:
- Keep your Apple Watch and iPhone close together.
- Open the Watch app on your iPhone and tap the My Watch tab.
- Tap Apple Watch, then tap Unpair Apple Watch.
- Enter your Apple ID password. If you forgot your Apple ID password, you can reset it.
- Tap again to confirm.
How do I wipe my stolen Apple Watch?
Erase a lost Apple Watch
- Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone.
- Tap My Watch, then tap All Watches.
- Tap. next to your watch, then tap Find My Apple Watch.
- In the Find My app on your iPhone, tap your watch, then tap Erase This Device.
Can you unlock a found Apple Watch?
There’s no way to circumvent the lock. It’s not yours to unlock. Turn it into the police or the management or lost and found of wherever it was you found it.
Why is my Apple Watch showing a red lightning bolt?
Apple Watch displays the time and a red lightning bolt – and cannot be used for any other functions – when it has entered into Power Reserve mode, which happens automatically when the battery reaches a low charge level. To restart your watch: press and hold the side button until you see the Apple logo.