If your iPhone asks you to Start Pairing, unpair your Apple Watch so that you can set it up. After setup, you can start using your Apple Watch with your new iPhone.
Should I unpair my old Apple Watch before pairing a new one?
Unless you’re keeping both Watches, you need to unpair your old one. Once that’s done, however, your old Watch has been cut free from your iPhone, and you can give it away or sell it as you need.
How do I unpair my old Apple Watch and my new one?
Unpair and erase your Apple Watch
- Keep your Apple Watch and iPhone close together as you unpair them.
- Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone.
- Go to the My Watch tab and tap All Watches.
- Tap the info button next to the watch that you want to unpair.
- Tap Unpair Apple Watch.
How do I replace an Apple Watch with a new pair?
Open the Watch app on iPhone to start the pairing process of your new Watch. Power on your new Apple Watch and look for the pairing sphere code, follow the prompts. When asked, choose to restore your new Apple Watch from a backup and choose the most recent one.
Can you pair an already paired Apple Watch?
Open the Watch app on your iPhone, tap the My Watch tab, then tap All Watches at the top of the screen. Tap the “i” icon next to the watch that you want to unpair, then tap Unpair Apple Watch. Tap again to confirm, then wait for the watch to unpair. After the Apple Watch unpairs completely, you can pair again.
Can you use two Apple watches?
Yes, in the Watch app on the phone select All Watches at the top and select Add Watch. Does assume you are using them 1 at a time. The other multiple pairing is Apple Watch Family Plan, where you can pair a dependent Child’s Cellular Apple Watch to your iPhone and control that Apple Watch from your iPhone.
What happens when you unpair Apple Watch?
When you unpair your Apple Watch from your iPhone, the watch is backed up completely to your iPhone to make sure that the latest data is saved. … This means that when you set up a new iPhone and restore it from backup, your latest Apple Watch data is also restored.
How do you unpair a watch without an iPhone?
How To Unpair Apple Watch without iPhone
- Put your Apple Watch on its charger.
- Press and hold the side button as if you were going to power it down.
- Do a firm press on the POWER OFF slider and let go.
- Tap Erase all content and settings.
How do I unpair my watch from my old phone?
And if you still have your old iPhone, here’s how unpair your Apple Watch: Open the Watch app on your iPhone, tap the My Watch tab and then tap Apple Watch at the top. Next, tap Unpair Apple Watch and tap again to confirm.
Why won’t my Apple Watch pair with my phone?
If your Apple Watch isn’t pairing with your iPhone, there are a number of ways you can fix the connection. First, make sure both devices have Wi-Fi and Bluetooth enabled and are in range of each other. Then, try restarting your Apple Watch and iPhone, as well as resetting your iPhone’s network settings.
How do I change my Apple watch to a new phone?
- On your iPhone, open the Apple Watch app.
- Tap the My Watch tab, then tap Cellular.
- Your Apple Watch should automatically switch to the carrier that your iPhone is using. If you need to add a new plan, tap Add a New Plan, then follow the onscreen steps.
Can you use an Apple watch without owning an iPhone?
Your Apple Watch will work without an iPhone, but depending on what model of Watch you have, you might not have access to every feature. You’ll need to have access to either a cellular or Wi-Fi connection if you want to use the majority of your Apple Watch’s features without an iPhone.
How do I manually pair my Apple Watch?
Apple Watch – Manually Pair
- On the Apple Watch, press and hold the. Side button. …
- On your iPhone, tap the Watch app icon .
- Tap. …
- Tap. …
- On the Watch, tap the. …
- On the iPhone, tap the Apple Watch that corresponds to the name displayed on your Apple Watch.
- On the iPhone, enter the 6-digit code that is displayed on the Watch.
What is activation lock on Apple Watch?
Find My includes a feature called Activation Lock that’s designed to prevent anyone else from using your Apple Watch if it’s ever lost or stolen. Find My and Activation Lock for your Apple Watch turn on automatically when you set up Find My iPhone on your paired iPhone.