If you own an Apple watch, and you’re learning a character-based language like Chinese or Japanese, the built-in handwriting feature on the Apple Watch is pretty great.
Why is there Chinese writing on my Apple Watch?
The following steps may help: On your iPhone, go to: Settings > General > Language & Region: Check that iPhone Language is set to English. Tap Edit (upper-right) > move English to the top of the “Preferred Language Order” list > tap Done.
Can you write in a different language on Apple Watch?
Change the message language on Apple Watch
1) Open the message where you want to change the language. 2) Force press on the screen and tap Choose Language. 3) On the next screen, select the language you want to use.
How do you change keyboard on Apple Watch?
Make sure your watch will display the languages, which are officially supported for speak-to-text dictation.
- Launch the Settings app on your paired iPhone.
- Go to General → Tap on Keyboard.
- Select the Keyboards.
- Tap on Add New Keyboard and choose your preferred language.
Can you put a keyboard on an Apple watch?
Apple Watch 7 owners will have the option of tapping on the letters or sliding from letter to letter to type. The latest generation of the Apple Watch will feature a full keyboard, the company said Tuesday, offering a new way to input text on the device.
How do I change my Apple Watch from Chinese?
Change language and orientation on Apple Watch
- Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone.
- Tap My Watch, go to General > Language & Region, tap Custom, then tap Watch Language.
How do I reset my Apple Watch to Chinese?
To change the language on your Apple Watch: On your iPhone, in the Watch app, go to: My Watch (tab) > General > Language & Region > Watch Language > select your preferred language.
How do you type on an Apple watch?
First, tap the icon with the finger pointing to a line of dots. Then use your finger to write out letters, words, numbers, and punctuation – which the watch will turn into text. You can turn the Digital Crown to edit a letter or choose predictive text to complete your word.
How do I change the region on my Apple Watch?
We can help you with your Apple Watch. If your Apple Watch doesn’t recognize your current country, you can open the Apple Watch app on your companion iPhone, choose General > Language & Region and check that Mirror my iPhone is enabled. If you have Custom enabled, verify the correct country is selected here.
How do I type a text message on my Apple Watch?
Apple Watch – Create and Send a Text Message
- From the Watch face screen, press the. Digital Crown. to access the Apps screen.
- Tap the. Messages icon. .
- Tap. New Message. (at the top).
- Tap. Add Contact. …
- Tap. Create Message. …
- Do one of the following: Turn the Digital Crown then tap the desired suggested reply. …
- Tap. Send.
How do I activate the keyboard on my Apple Watch 7?
Just start typing on the watch and then tap the notification that appears on an iPhone or iPad that’s logged in with the same Apple ID. This will then allow the larger keyboard to be used for typing or swiping words and symbols that will appear on the Apple Watch screen.