Open the Settings app on your Apple Watch. Go to General > Reset, tap Erase All Content and Settings, then enter your passcode. If you have an Apple Watch with a cellular plan, you’re offered two options—Erase All and Erase All & Keep Plan. To completely erase your Apple Watch, choose Erase All.
Can an Apple Watch be deactivated if stolen?
Here’s how it works
So if your watch is lost or stolen, you can use Find My to help you find it again. And thanks to Activation Lock, your Apple ID and password are required before anyone can erase your Apple Watch and use it with their iPhone.
What happens if I remove my Apple Watch from my account?
Erasing all content and settings erases all media, data, and settings from your Apple Watch, but it does not remove Activation Lock. To remove Activation Lock, unpair the watch first. Before your watch is erased, a backup of its contents is created on your iPhone.
How do I reset my Apple Watch to sell it?
How to factory reset your Apple Watch
- On your Apple Watch, Tap Settings.
- Tap General.
- Tap Reset.
- Tap Erase All Content and Settings.
- Tap Erase All.
How do I lock my Apple Watch?
How to lock your Apple Watch manually
- Swipe up on the Watch face to reveal the Control Center.
- Tap the lock icon. Tap the lock icon. …
- To lock your Watch screen during a workout to avoid accidental taps, swipe right, then tap Lock. To unlock, press the Digital Crown and side button at the same time.
Why can’t I unpair my Apple Watch?
If you can’t unpair the Apple Watch because you don’t have the iPhone that it’s paired with, you can erase the watch. … Open the Settings app on your watch, then tap General > Reset. Tap Erase All Content and Settings, then tap again to confirm. Wait for the watch to unpair.
Can you use an Apple Watch that you found?
If you have found an Apple Watch, the politically correct thing to do is report it to your local police department. Otherwise, no, you cannot pair an already paired Apple Watch to your Apple ID. If the Apple Watch is unpaired, however, yes, you can pair it.
What do I do if I bought a stolen Apple Watch?
Turn the watch into the police. If you either are not able or do not wish to return the Apple Watch to the seller for a refund, then I suggest that you hand the Apple Watch in to the police. Apple will not advise you of the previous owner’s contact details, nor will Apple pass your details on to them.
Can Apple Watch be tracked after reset?
A video has revealed how the Watch can be reset and paired with another phone within minutes – and without ever having to enter a passcode. And because the Watch doesn’t have its own GPS chip, once it’s lost or stolen it can’t be tracked.
How do you unpair a watch without an iPhone?
How To Unpair Apple Watch without iPhone
- Put your Apple Watch on its charger.
- Press and hold the side button as if you were going to power it down.
- Do a firm press on the POWER OFF slider and let go.
- Tap Erase all content and settings.
Do you need iCloud for Apple Watch?
Health and Fitness data, such as history, awards, Workout and Activity calibration data from your Apple Watch, and user-entered data (To back up Health and Fitness data, you need to use iCloud or an encrypted backup on your computer.)
How do I erase my Apple watch without the password?
How to reset your Apple Watch if you forgot your passcode
- Put your watch on its charger and keep it there until you complete these steps.
- Press and hold the side button until you see Power Off.
- Press and hold the Digital Crown until you see Erase all content and settings.
- Tap Reset, then tap Reset again to confirm.