Yes, you can un-pair the Apple Watch while it is off.
How do I unpair Apple Watch from afar?
Unpair and erase your Apple Watch
- Keep your Apple Watch and iPhone close together as you unpair them.
- Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone.
- Go to the My Watch tab and tap All Watches.
- Tap the info button next to the watch that you want to unpair.
- Tap Unpair Apple Watch.
How do I unpair my watch from a phone I no longer have?
How To Unpair Apple Watch without iPhone
- Put your Apple Watch on its charger.
- Press and hold the side button as if you were going to power it down.
- Do a firm press on the POWER OFF slider and let go.
- Tap Erase all content and settings.
Can I unpair my Apple Watch if I lost it?
Before you sell or give away your Apple Watch, be sure to unpair it from your iPhone. This erases its contents, including payment cards, and removes Activation Lock (which prevents someone else from activating it). If you lose your Apple Watch, you can put it in lost mode.
How far can you be away from Apple Watch?
Normal range is around 33 feet / 10 meters, but this will vary due to wireless interference. Whenever Apple Watch can’t connect to your iPhone via Bluetooth, it will attempt, as a fallback, to connect to a trusted, compatible Wi-Fi network.
How do I reset my Apple Watch without an Apple ID and previous owner?
The following explains how to do that.
- Launch the Settings app on your Apple Watch and tap the General option.
- Select the Reset option and tap on Erase All Content and Settings. …
- Your Apple Watch will ask you to input your passcode. …
- Tap the Erase All option and your Apple Watch will begin to reset.
What happens when you unpair Apple Watch?
When you unpair your Apple Watch from your iPhone, the watch is backed up completely to your iPhone to make sure that the latest data is saved. … This means that when you set up a new iPhone and restore it from backup, your latest Apple Watch data is also restored.
How do you hard reset an Apple watch?
How to Hard Reset Apple Watch
- Hold down the side button and Digital Crown at the same time. The Digital Crown is the rotating button located on the side of the device.
- Keep holding these two buttons down until you see the Apple logo appear on the screen.
Why won’t my Apple Watch pair with my phone?
If your Apple Watch isn’t pairing with your iPhone, there are a number of ways you can fix the connection. First, make sure both devices have Wi-Fi and Bluetooth enabled and are in range of each other. Then, try restarting your Apple Watch and iPhone, as well as resetting your iPhone’s network settings.
How do I erase Apple Watch?
Erase Apple Watch
- Open the Settings app on your Apple Watch.
- Go to General > Reset, tap Erase All Content and Settings, then enter your passcode. If you have an Apple Watch with a cellular plan, you’re offered two options—Erase All and Erase All & Keep Plan. To completely erase your Apple Watch, choose Erase All.
Can I erase my Apple Watch remotely?
If you already gave away your Apple Watch, you can erase and turn off Activation Lock from iCloud.com. … On a computer, go to Find My iPhone on iCloud.com and sign in with your Apple ID. Select All Devices, then click your Apple Watch. Click Erase Apple Watch.
Can you locate a dead Apple Watch?
If the watch battery is fully discharged, then the Apple Watch can only be found by physically looking for it. Can I fine my Apple Watch why it’s dead? As previously advised, if the battery is fully discharged, then the Apple Watch can only be found by physically looking for it.