Tap Settings. Tap Auto-Correction. Make sure that Text Replacement is turned on, then tap Replacements List. Tap the Add button .
How do I change specific AutoCorrect?
How to adjust autocorrect manually:
- Open Settings on your iPhone.
- Tap General.
- Tap Keyboard.
- Choose “Text Replacement”
- Tap the + button in the top-right corner.
How do I remove words from AutoCorrect?
5 steps for editing or deleting words in the Android dictionary
- Open the global Settings area on your phone. …
- Choose Language & keyboard from the list. …
- Now open the User dictionary. …
- Scroll through the alphabetical list and find the entry you want to edit or remove.
How do I change my predictive text on Apple?
Use predictive text
. Tap Keyboard Settings, then turn on Predictive. Or go to Settings > General > Keyboard, and turn Predictive on or off.
Why does my phone AutoCorrect ya to y a?
I fixed this by finding Settings > General > Keyboards > Text Replacement. I added the shortcut “ya“ with the phrase “ya “. That second ya is with a space if that’s not clear. The autocorrect pops up as “ya “ and it works every time, unless you want to put a period right after it.
How do I add curse words to my iPhone dictionary?
To access the text replacement feature, open the Settings app, tap “General,” select “Keyboard,” and then go into “Text Replacement.” Add your foul-mouthed word into text replacement by tapping on the plus (+) sign in the top right. Next, enter the profane word into the Phrase box and leave the Shortcut box empty.
How do you remove words from Apple dictionary?
To remove a word from the built-in dictionary, open a new TextEdit document and type the word you want to remove. Next, select the whole word, minus any spaces surrounding it. Now, from the right-click menu or context menu, select Unlearn Spelling.
How do I delete words?
Keep the insertion point just after the word you want to delete and press Ctrl + Backspace key. Word deletes the whole word immediately to the left of the insertion point. Keep the insertion point just before the character you want to delete and press the Delete key.
How do you delete words from AutoCorrect iOS?
Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap the “Reset Keyboard Dictionary” option. If you have a password set, your device will prompt you to enter it and then warn you that it’s about to “delete all custom words you have typed on the keyboard.” Say good riddance, and hit “Reset Dictionary.”
How do I change my predictive text?
Turn off predictive text in Android
- Open the Settings menu on your phone or tablet and select Languages & Input.
- Tap Virtual keyboard under Keyboard and input methods.
- Select Android Keyboard.
- Select Text correction.
Can you reset your predictive text?
1. Can I reset my predictive text? Yes, absolutely. Be it on Android or iOS, you can reset your predictive text history, as detailed in the steps above.