On your Apple Watch, hold the Digital Crown and tap Reset. On your iPhone, head to Settings > General > iPhone Storage and check for the watchOS update. If you see it, delete it by swiping left. Then try pairing your watch again.
How do I update Apple Watch software before pairing?
Make sure that your watch is connected to Wi-Fi. On your watch, open the Settings app. Tap General > Software Update. Tap Install if a software update is available, then follow the onscreen instructions.
Why can’t I update my Apple watch while pairing?
The following steps may help (try again after each): On your iPhone, in the Watch app, go to: My Watch > General > Usage > Software Update – delete any update file, if one is shown. Delete any beta profiles that may be installed for your iPhone and/or Apple Watch and then restart both devices after doing so.
Does Apple Watch update when pairing?
If necessary, unpair your Apple Watch and then re-pair it (watchOS will be updated as part of the process): The Watch app on your iPhone takes a backup of your watch automatically when unpairing via the app.
What do I do if my Apple Watch is stuck on update?
Try these steps:
- Make sure that your Apple Watch connects to its charger.
- Restart your Apple Watch. Press and hold the side button until you see Power Off, then drag the slider. …
- Restart your paired iPhone. …
- Try to start the update again.
Why won’t my Apple Watch connect to my new phone?
If your Apple Watch is stuck while pairing
Press and hold the Digital Crown and the side button at the same time until your watch restarts. … After your watch restarts, firmly press the screen or press and hold the Digital Crown. Tap Reset. After your watch resets, you can pair it with your iPhone.
Why is my apple watch not checking for updates?
Ensure that your iPhone has the latest version of iOS (Settings > General > Software Update). Ensure that your iPhone and Apple Watch are close to each other. Ensure that your watch has at least 50% battery life. And ensure that your iPhone is connected to Wi-Fi.
How do I manually pair my Apple Watch?
Turn on, pair, and set up your Apple Watch
- Put your Apple Watch on your wrist. …
- To turn on your Apple Watch, press and hold the side button until you see the Apple logo.
- Bring your iPhone near your Apple Watch, wait for the Apple Watch pairing screen to appear on your iPhone, then tap Continue. …
- Tap Set Up for Myself.
How do I know if my Apple Watch is updating?
Check for and install software updates
- Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone.
- Tap My Watch, go to General > Software Update, then, if an update is available, tap Download and Install.