Do I have to unpair my old Apple Watch before pairing a new one?
If your iPhone asks you to Start Pairing, unpair your Apple Watch so that you can set it up. After setup, you can start using your Apple Watch with your new iPhone.
How do you replace an existing Apple Watch with a new Apple Watch?
Answer: A: When you unpair the old watch, it will create a backup on your phone. When you pair the new watch, you will be able to restore the new watch from a backup of the old. That will restore the new watch the same as the old one.
How do I unpair an Apple Watch and pair again?
Open the Settings app on your watch, then tap General > Reset. Tap Erase All Content and Settings, then tap again to confirm. Wait for the watch to unpair. After the Apple Watch unpairs completely, you can pair again.
How do I unpair my Apple Watch from my old phone without the old phone?
How to erase your Apple Watch if you don’t have your iPhone
- On your Apple Watch, tap Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings.
- Type your password if prompted.
- For GPS + Cellular models, choose to keep or remove your cellular plan. …
- Tap Erase All to confirm.
How do I unpair my Apple Watch from icloud?
Just unpair your Apple Watch from your iPhone:
- Keep your Apple Watch and iPhone close together.
- Open the Watch app on your iPhone.
- Tap the My Watch tab, then tap All Watches at the top of the screen.
- Tap the info button next to your Apple Watch.
- Tap Unpair Apple Watch. …
- Enter your Apple ID password. …
- Tap again to confirm.
How do I erase an old Apple Watch?
Open the Settings app on your Apple Watch. Go to General > Reset, tap Erase All Content and Settings, then enter your passcode. If you have an Apple Watch with a cellular plan, you’re offered two options—Erase All and Erase All & Keep Plan. To completely erase your Apple Watch, choose Erase All.
How do I pair my replacement Apple Watch?
Set up your Apple Watch
- Turn on your Apple Watch and put it on. …
- Hold your Apple Watch close to your iPhone. …
- Hold your iPhone over the animation. …
- Set up as new or restore from a backup. …
- Sign in with your Apple ID. …
- Choose your settings. …
- Create a passcode. …
- Choose features and apps.
What will happen if I unpair my Apple Watch?
When you unpair your Apple Watch from your iPhone, the watch is backed up completely to your iPhone to make sure that the latest data is saved. … This means that when you set up a new iPhone and restore it from backup, your latest Apple Watch data is also restored.
How do I do a hard reset on my Apple Watch?
How to Hard Reset Apple Watch
- Hold down the side button and Digital Crown at the same time. The Digital Crown is the rotating button located on the side of the device.
- Keep holding these two buttons down until you see the Apple logo appear on the screen.
How do I get my Apple Watch off my broken phone?
Go to Find Iphone. Select All Devices, then click your Apple Watch. Click Erase Apple Watch. Select Next until the device is erased.