To pair your Apple Watch and iPhone, first make sure both devices are charged and on. … Once the Apple Watch is paired to an iPhone, you’ll continue the process and customize settings, sign in with an Apple ID, create a passcode, select apps, and more.
Does Apple Watch need to be fully charged to pair?
If your Apple Watch has already been paired and set up (including, if appropriate, updating the software), then it is not necessary to charge it to any particular charge level before starting to use it for the first time. You may find it most convenient to charge your watch nightly, overnight.
Why won’t my Apple Watch let me pair?
Try to connect your Apple Watch and iPhone again
Keep your Apple Watch and paired iPhone close together to make sure that they’re in range. On your iPhone, make sure that Airplane Mode is off and that Wi-Fi and Bluetooth are on. … Open Control Center, then turn off Airplane Mode. Restart your Apple Watch and iPhone.
Why won’t my Apple Watch pair for the first time?
If your Apple Watch isn’t pairing with your iPhone, there are a number of ways you can fix the connection. First, make sure both devices have Wi-Fi and Bluetooth enabled and are in range of each other. Then, try restarting your Apple Watch and iPhone, as well as resetting your iPhone’s network settings.
How do you put Apple Watch in pairing mode?
Turn on, pair, and set up your Apple Watch
- Put your Apple Watch on your wrist. …
- To turn on your Apple Watch, press and hold the side button until you see the Apple logo.
- Bring your iPhone near your Apple Watch, wait for the Apple Watch pairing screen to appear on your iPhone, then tap Continue. …
- Tap Set Up for Myself.
Is it bad to not fully charge Apple Watch?
The Apple Watch battery is designed to retain up to 80% its original capacity after 1,000 complete charge cycles. You can charge Apple Watch whenever you like – it will not harm your battery, regardless of the remaining charge level. To expand: Apple Watch uses a lithium-ion battery.
How do I use Apple Watch without pairing?
Here are seven ways you can use an Apple Watch without it being paired:
- Track your physical activity and workouts.
- Set a stopwatch, timer, and alarms.
- Monitor your heart rate.
- Music and podcast syncing.
- Practice your breathing.
- Store and show off photos.
- Use Apple Pay and wallet.
How do I resync Apple Watch?
How to Resync an Apple Watch
- On your iPhone, open the Watch app.
- Tap General.
- Scroll down and tap Reset.
- Tap Reset Sync Data.
- Your iPhone will now erase all contacts and calendar data on your Apple Watch along with sync settings before starting the sync process again and resyncing all your data.
How do I connect my Apple Watch to WIFI before pairing?
Choose a Wi-Fi network
- Open the Settings app on your Apple Watch.
- Tap Wi-Fi. Your device automatically searches for networks.
- Tap the name of the network that you want to join. …
- If asked, enter the password using Scribble or the Apple Watch keyboard.
- Tap Join.
How long does it take for an Apple watch to charge?
About 2.5 hours to 100%
Charge times are from 0–80% and 0–100% using the included Apple Watch Magnetic Charging Cable.
How long does it take to manually pair Apple Watch?
Keep in mind, it may take up to 90 minutes to complete the setup process. This involves bluetooth pairing, app downloads and cellular setup. The exact time is dependent upon the apps you choose to download and the OS of your devices.
How do I charge my Apple Watch?
Plug the Apple Watch Magnetic Charging Cable, Apple Watch Magnetic Fast Charging USB-C Cable, or Apple Watch Magnetic Charging Dock into a USB power adapter. Plug the adapter into a power outlet. You can also plug the charging cable into a USB port. Position the back of your Apple Watch on the charger.