You can unlock Apple Watch manually, by entering the passcode, or set it to unlock automatically when you unlock your iPhone. Enter the passcode: Wake Apple Watch, enter the watch passcode, then tap OK.
How do I get my Apple Watch to auto unlock?
Turn on Auto Unlock
- Make sure that your devices are set up as follows: Your Mac has Wi-Fi and Bluetooth turned on. …
- On your Mac, choose Apple menu > System Preferences.
- Click Security & Privacy, then click General.
- Select “Use Apple Watch to unlock apps and your Mac” or “Allow your Apple Watch to unlock your Mac.”
Why isn’t my Apple Watch unlocking automatically?
If you’re having difficulty getting Auto Unlock to work, try these solutions: In Security & Privacy preferences, deselect ”Use your Apple Watch to unlock apps and your Mac,” then restart your Mac and turn this setting back on. Make sure that your Mac isn’t using Internet sharing or screen sharing.
Why does my Apple Watch lock every time?
If an Apple Watch is locking unexpectedly, then the most likely issue is the current settings. … To make sure Wrist Detection is enabled, open the Watch app on the connected iPhone, navigate to the My Watch tab and then tap on General followed by Wrist Detection and enable the feature, if it is not turned on already.
Can you unlock Apple Watch without passcode?
If you still can’t remember your passcode, you can reset Apple Watch, reset the passcode, then restore Apple Watch from a backup. Restoring erases the content and settings on your Apple Watch, but uses a backup to replace your data and settings.
Can you set up Apple Watch without iPhone?
With Family Setup, your family member who doesn’t have their own iPhone can use their Apple Watch to do things like make phone calls, send messages, and share their location with you. After you set up a watch for a family member, you can use your iPhone to manage some of the watch’s capabilities.
How do I unlock my Apple watch without pairing my phone?
If you forgot your Apple Watch passcode and do not have a paired iPhone
- Place your Apple Watch on its charger.
- Hold the side button until the Power Off screen appears.
- Press the Power Off slider firmly (do not slide it)
- Select Erase All Content and Settings.
- Your Apple Watch will reset to factory settings.
Can you unlock iPhone with a mask?
Make sure that you’re wearing a mask, sunglasses, or ski goggles and that your Apple Watch is on your wrist and unlocked. Wake your iPhone by raising it or tapping its screen. Glance at your iPhone to unlock it. Then you can swipe up from the bottom of your iPhone screen to begin using it.
How do I turn off activation lock on Apple Watch?
How to disable Activation Lock remotely
- Navigate to iCloud.com from your computer’s web browser to disable Activation Lock.
- Sign in with your Apple ID and password.
- Click on Settings.
- Select your Apple Watch under My Devices.
- Click on the X next to your Apple Watch to remove it.
- Click Remove to confirm.
Does Apple Watch lock automatically?
By default, your Apple Watch locks automatically when you’re not wearing it. To change the wrist detection setting, do the following. … Tap Passcode, then turn Wrist Detection on or off.
How do I reset my Apple Watch with too many passcode attempts?
Answer: A: Answer: A: If you can’t access the Settings app on your Apple Watch because you’ve forgotten your passcode, put your Apple Watch on its charger, then press and hold the side button until you see Power Off. Press and hold the Digital Crown, then tap Reset.